Wednesday, March 30, 2011

MIRACLE OF LORD'S FAVOUR & MY LABOUR

As one of the toppers of Ninth class, when I stepped into Tenth class of Budha Dal Public School , Patiala, in April 2003; Medical reports brought the most agonizing fact to surface that I was in the tight grip of Leukaemia i.e. Blood Cancer. 22 weeks Intensive Treatment including Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy followed by a 3-year Maintenance Phase was given at PGIMER, Chandigarh. My treatment was completed in 2007 and I was declared fit and administration of drugs was stopped. As a precautionary measure I still visit P.G.I. for regular check-ups after every 6 months. Heavy intake of aggressive medicines render me too weak to appear in the Matriculation examination in March 2004. My father wanted me to take complete rest during the entire period of treatment but I did not want to lose one more precious academic year of my life. On my insistence he got me admitted in tenth class of Govt. Model Sr. Sec. School Pheel Khana, Patiala. Though my bad health did not allow me to attend the school regularly but whenever I went to school, I got my problems solved in vacant periods of my worthy teachers. With grace of Lord and blessings of all my teachers and elders, I scored 78.46% marks in tenth class. I also stood first in my school in +1 and +2 classes of Humanities group. After that in July 2007, I got admission in Bachelor’s degree of Multani Mal Modi College, Patiala where I made a Hattrick by standing 1st in my College in all the 3 years of my Graduation. In April 2010 Examination, I got 77.13% marks in B.A. Final year and total of 75.13% (First division with Distinction). Now I am doing M.A. Journalism and Mass Communication in Punjabi University, Patiala. Besides my stupendous and extraordinary achievements in academics, I also got First prizes in District, State and National Level Calligraphy, Drawing and Painting, Turban-Tying and Essay-writing competitions related to Gurubani and Bhagwad Gita. I had the honour of standing first among the candidates of Govt. Schools in ‘All India Essay Writing Competition’ organised by United Schools Organisation Of India in Aug, 2006. ‘Jeevan Shakti Award’ for the year 2008 was awarded to me by Sahayta Cancer Sahyog Society Chandigah in recognition of my miraculous achievements despite a horrible disease. Last year in Sep. 2009, I won the first prize in State Level Essay Writing Competition related to the life of Shaheed Bhagat Singh organized by ‘Shaheed Bhagat Singh Vichar Munch, Ludhiana. Spiritual atmosphere at home and my firm faith in God helped me tremendously in fighting the most dreadful disease with a positive outlook towards life. During my ailment, I studied the lives of great men, listened to the spiritual discourses of the holy men belonging to different religions on various T.V. channels. I shared the knowledge thus gained by writing more than 200 inspirational articles which were published in the special issues of prominent Punjabi Newspapers. A compilation of 108 such articles was published in my first inspiring book ‘Museebtaan Ton Na Ghabrao’. I have experienced that a problem when faced in the right way proves a blessing in disguise. - HARGUNPREET SINGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment